Saturday, May 29, 2010

Misty Morning

It started raining about 7pm. Thunderstorms rolled across the Piedmont area of NC all evening. I took advantage of the rain to clean the house and do a little work on the kitchen. I started painting the small room off the kitchen. It will be a few days before I can mask the edges with tape and paint the white.



Outside this morning, many of my poppies are laying on the ground. 1.57" of rain fell between 7pm and midnight. The basement has a new water feature. The mist still hangs in the air outside. Everything is bright green.



It's 64 degrees. More rain is possible this evening. 30% chance.

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your kitchen is looking great. Is that little space going to be a pantry?

Sorry your basement sprung another leak.

Your gardens look mystical in the mist. We only got a little rain late yesterday afternoon. Speaking of that, I need to go out and get the sprinkler going, since it is one of my two days to water using them.

Have a great weekend.

FlowerLady