Thursday, May 27, 2010

As night falls...

The nicotiana is starting to bloom in the fragrant bed.



Datura is budding in several places around the yard. This plant is a self sown volunteer.



Orlaya grandiflora glows. These seeds came in a trade. I didn't know much about them. I sowed them. They germinated. It's blooming. I'm happy.



Have you ever seen variegated pokeweed?



It's 84 degrees. The yard is mowed. The breaker for the microwave was installed with only 3 calls made to Robert. Or maybe it was 4. I still have laundry to do and dinner to eat. There will be more rain Friday and Saturday.

3 comments:

pam_chesbay said...

Tom - Everything is looking so lush and healthy. I love the whites and your fragrant bed. The growth in one year is just amazing.

Are you taking a photo a week this year?

Jean Campbell said...

Nicotiana is blooming here, too. A white and a light purple.

We need rain badly. I will have to water, water, water tomorrow.

Gardenias grow pretty fast.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I've tried nicotiana before and had no success. It looks like it's growing just great there for you. I think I have more datura seeds and need to get them out and plant them. They are wonderful! I had white and the purple double.

Enjoy evenings in your gardens.

FlowerLady