Sunday, May 16, 2010

Foliage

On the front slope, there's an artemesia that was wintersown in 2008/9. It's probably 'Silver Brocade'. From tiny clumps, the artemesia has spread out across the dry, rocky soil. Small yellow blooms should arrive any day now. I've taken three cuttings to test propagation. If it roots, I'll take more cuttings in a couple weeks. This plant is extremely drought tolerant. The foliage remains through the winter.





Hosta and Aucuba.



Sedums in a container by the basement door.



In the shrub border, the butterfly bushes are doing well despite the lack of rain. The tallest one is up to my shoulder. I'm 6'1.



Euphorbia "Blackbird"



When I went to bed last night, there was thunder and lightning all around. Still no rain. The chance today is 60%. It's currently clear and humid at 70%.

No comments: