Thursday, September 24, 2009

Musical Plants

Nope. This isn't about the way the wind rustles through grasses or the sound two trees make rubbing against each other in the gully. This is about moving plants. This morning, the pampas grass found a new home.



I moved the stone edging too and sprayed the grass.



In a couple more weeks, this crape myrtle will be moved into that corner.



Russian sage, not doing well where I planted them near the house, have been moved to the crape myrtle bed currently occupied by coneflowers (new seedlings are up) and Icicle speedwell.



I also planted a rooted cutting of winter jasmine that a Gardenwebber was nice enough to send me this spring. She got peonies from me (and Trevor).



The pile at the end of the driveway gets smaller, then larger. I've got a month to get all this in the ground. I'm going to plant a lot of it tomorrow.



Three white crape myrtles were planted out. They were wintersown and potted up months ago.



I planted out the two blueberry bushes too. The closest one is Blueray. The furthest is Elliot. They should both reach about 6' tall and wide.



I've got tiny hairy balls.



Just because I want to remind myself this winter why I've got so many pineapple salvia cuttings in the basement under lights...



It's 72 degrees and cloudy.



No, it's 72 degrees and sunny.



In either case, it's muggy. More rain is expected the next few days. We got another 1/2" over night. Off to shower, then work. I noticed this morning that the slight limp from yesterday is gone. Let's hope it stays that way at the store.

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

I'm exhausted from reading your last two posts. I think you are very fond of your 'tiny hairy things'. (I can't bring myself to write it)

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Jim, I'm not exhausted yet. And I do love my gomphocarpus.

L. D. said...

I should send you some Iowa black dirt. When I lived in southern Iowa our soil looked just like that but here north of Des Moines it is black. My dad grew many an acre of corn in soil your color just fine and you are doing great yourself. Keep up the good work. You have a lot of projects going on in your life. Maybe you should use that hammock.