Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Being lazy.

Last night I took some time while I was blowing trash around the garden center to make a list of things I wanted to get done today. I got up at 7 and looked outside. It was cloudy again. I did a couple things for my former boss and went back to bed. I woke up again about 11:45. I've had half a cup of coffee and am contemplating another nap.

I'd really like to get outside and mow the yard, transplant a few perennials, clean up the potager, toss out some more seed, and much much more. Instead, I'm going to take it easy today, I think. I might do a few things later this evening. Right now, I'm wondering what I should have for lunch.

It's 70 degrees and partly sunny. There is a 30% chance of rain this evening and overnight. I'm not going to hang my hat on that one.

Some of the things I planted yesterday:

My echinacea. When dividing them, I try to tease the roots apart rather than chopping the root ball into two pieces. I haven't been successful with these divisions before, but these two pieces came apart with little effort.



Purchased coneflowers and Icicle Speedwell.



Coreopsis Moonbeam.





See, I do need to mow.

No comments: