Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Painting and Mr. Lincoln.

This morning a group of 15 employees from management, receiving, facilities administration, installed sales, and a host of other departments met at the store around 8am. We headed to the Senior Center on 3rd St. We painted the Big Room. The seniors meet here and play bridge every Wednesday. This morning, they had their games in the kitchen while we painted. In this is the same room, I have voted the past two years. It's a very large room.

It took us 6 hours to paint the 16' tall walls, including the stage area. The staff made us lunch and were very happy to see us there. Lowe's employees donated our time while Valspar donated the paint and supplies. It was a good day.

Back at home, Mr. Lincoln is in full display. This bloom is larger than my fist and a beautiful deep red. I'm assuming the cold weather has really darkened the normally scarlet red blooms. I really wish I could root more of these. I might try with this stem tomorrow.



It's 63 degrees. I'm taking the rest of the day off. I might, MIGHT, head to the basement and clean up the back corner a bit. But I probably won't.

3 comments:

Nell Jean said...

For a second there, I thought I could smell Mr. Lincoln -- the rose.

That was a nice you all did.

janie said...

That was a nice thing thing to do.

I love that Mr. Lincoln. Mine is always a lot darker after the weather cools.

The Redneck Rosarian said...

Awesome Mr. Lincoln. One bloom can fill a room with fragrance!