Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Butterfly bushes, cotoneaster, and lantana

Now that I think about it, that would make a nice combination on the slope next to the front walkway. I potted 10 plants from the cloner this morning.





Not all of them had nice long roots, but they'll be fine. The butterfly bushes have surprised me. The new green growth, sure to be damaged by the coming frost (Friday?), roots quickly. I'll be taking more cuttings on Wednesday before I head to work.

Speaking of work, I've got to be in at 12 today. Before that, I plan to test the new vac/mulch blade I installed on the leaf blower last night. Since I had it apart, I tightened the bolts holding the motor together. They wriggle loose too often.

It's cloudy, dreary, and still soggy at 50 degrees. The high today should be in the 60s with a chance of sun around 3pm for about 2 hours. The clouds will finally move out on Thursday ushering in cooler nighttime temperatures. Weather.com forecasts a low Friday night of 33.

4 comments:

Darla said...

Never thought about rooting the butterfly bush..nice work here. That does sound like a nice group of plantings. The weather is dreary here too, we have the cool down coming as well, mid to high 30's at night.......brrrr.

denise said...

i am so jealous of your ability to root things. great work.

Jimmy said...

Tom, be careful out there. I am hearing more and more copperhead strikes lately. It is the time of year.

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Thanks all. Jim, I'm staying out of the woods until it's cold cold cold. I need to get some more wood, but that can wait.