Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday

70 degrees and sunny. Feels warmer.

Looking out my front door.









The neighbor's azaleas across the street.



The peonies I transplanted in early March have buds on them. They will bloom if the frost doesn't kill them.



Stargazers?



The white bed. Wintersown nicotiana is in the center.



Russian sage is coming back.



Wintersown petunias and a store bought vinca in the hanging basket by the front door.



Sunday ritual.



Back to work. Lunch was nasty. Why do I go to Wendy's?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I really like the look of the last picture. It'll be nice to see it when everything is filled in.

The only thing I ever get at Wendy's is a salad- can't stand the burgers!

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Laura, this is the first year. Last summer was spent building it and laying down the leaf mulch. This summer I'll add another layer as the perennials and annuals start to grow. I'll shred my leaves and put them over the beds in the fall. Lots of leaves. Lots o, lots of leaves.

Mostly it will be an annual bed this year. All grown from seed.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

It really looks like spring!