Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

I'm off from work today. I've got a mile long list of things I want to get done. The first is to finish this cup of coffee and consider another.

What I would like to accomplish today:

plant out remaining annuals
plant out remaining wintersown containers
collect and organize unwanted plants to foist on unsuspecting people
clean the basement
laundry
sweep and mop the upstairs
clean the basement
collect garbage from my truck
fertilize specific shrubs, plants, or veggies
clean the basement.

There's lots more I can think of that I want to do, but today is my day off. I'm going to take it easy.

3 comments:

Jeff Vandiver said...

I take it that you really need to clean the basement. My shed gets pretty cluttered, too! Can you answer a landscape plant question for me? The wife wants to plant something called "purple pixie lorapetalum" and "mimi pini french hydrangea" out front, and I can't find anything on the web. Ever heard of these?

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

EG, my basement gets messy regardless of how hard I try to keep everything where it belongs. I have enough potting soil on the floor to fill a raised bed.

The Hydrangea is "Mini Penny". http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/170206/

The loropetalum she wants is a new, groundcover version. I've never seen either of these in person. Hydrangeas are tough in our area due to late frosts. I suggest Endless Summer or Forever N Ever. Those two bloom reliably almost all summer except in the hottest parts.

My loropetalum is sorta fussy too. It's marginally hardy in my yard. Others have it growing fine. The purple foliage looks really good planted with a green barberry.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

You do have a full day planned. I love the job of foisting plants on unsuspecting people, I bet they'll be glad to take them!