Monday, April 6, 2009

I should be a weatherman, too.

Yesterday, the forecast called for AM thunderstorms. There's a light mist falling at the moment. No thunderstorms are visible on the radar map. I could be wrong, but I don't think we're going to see storms today.

Yesterday, the forecast for Wednesday night showed freezing temperatures. Now, they've got it at 46 degrees. Tuesday night, they're predicting 30 degrees. Well this week's winning lottery numbers will be 04, 11, 19, 23, 54, and the powerball will be 29. Let's see who's closer.

I know it's not their fault. It never is. In spring, the weather in NC can change at the drop of a hat. In summer, storms can develop from a few specks of dust thanks to a butterfly sneezing in Argentina. In winter, the sun could be shining and warm things up more than they were expecting. And in fall, there are colorful leaves on the ground that could cause an upper level disturbance. So I don't blame them, really. I just wish they'd tell us what it's doing right now and leave the forecasting to the psychics.

5 comments:

cherry said...

I'm feeling your pain Tom THEY are saying 33 for us also here in Savannah !!! I haven't even planted my veggies yet and I'm so ready for a real tomato. LOL
hugs, Cherry

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I always complain here too about the weather predictions. They like to say we live in a convergence zone so it's hard to predict. Anyway at least they are wrong in a good way. Warmer and no thunderstorms!

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Cherry, I dream of tomatoes some nights. :)

Catherine, you're right. It is warmer than they forecast. We're already at 63 and if the sun comes out, it will get warmer and more humid. We've had a little splash of rain.

compost in my shoe said...

We hear, 32 tomorrow night in Charleston, SC....I am glad everything tropical is in the greenhouse....still guessing when to bring it out....

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

I have tomatoes and zinnias in the hoophouse, Compost. After Tuesday night, we should be good here. I hope it's windy tonight to keep the frost away.