Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day is going to be a bust.

I woke up to the sound of some really obnoxious, annoying bird perched on the edge of my windowsill. With the temperatures in the 80s/60s, I sleep with the windows open. This bird, which I cannot identify by sound, was screaming it's little pea sized heart out. Apparently, no one else knew that it was raining. Thanks, buddy.



That heavy band of rain is heading north, right for us. Doing laundry and cleaning up a bit before work this morning. Glad I got everything planted out yesterday. This rain is a slow, steady rain perfect for the garden. Yeah, and it's great for the flower beds too. I'm thinking about corn, squash, beans, tomatoes, and okra at this point. The flowers are on their own.

64 and raining. The gutters are working perfectly after cleaning them.



3:31pm - the rain stopped about noon right after I got to work. It's been mostly sunny for 2 hours. It's muugggggy. I got a squirrel feeder to see if I can keep them away from the potager. I took Sunday's picture this morning during a brief break in the rain. More storms forecast for this evening and tonight.

3 comments:

compost in my shoe said...

Great shot of your garden growing!

lynn'sgarden said...

Hi Tom, your side garden is looking fabulous! It still amazes me most of them are from seeds! Don't forget, rain means you don't have to water..even though it keeps you out of the garden :( I should be out there now before it gets muggy AND buggy! Have a great day!

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Thanks compost. Loved the photos on your blog this morning. I have no clue what any of those things are.

Lynn, you're right. I haven't had to water much this spring. It's a nice change for sure, but my yarrow is rotting in the ground. The mosquitoes are having a field day.