Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ready for my close-up.

Helianthus



Salvia subrotunda



Saffron crocuses



Salvia elegans (pineapple sage)



The last brug to bloom, looks like an Ecuador White. *sigh*



Butterfly weed



Melampodium - Jim's alstromeria is flopping for a cameo.



Black and Blue salvia



Miss Huff



May Night Salvia



Yellow/orange brug



Blue bedder salvia



pansy



It's 58 degrees up from a low of 36. Partly sunny, the high today should reach the mid 70s. The heat is off. Rain in the forecast for Friday and Saturday. Scattered seeds in the meadow yesterday - Flanders poppies, peony poppies, California poppies, agastache, blanket flower, Mexican hats, mealy blue sage, and others.

12:48pm - 3 agastache moved from beneath the Thundercloud plum to the slope between the raised beds. Three white gerber daisies moved from the former white bed to the rear bed with others. 24 coreopsis "Full Moon" potted from the division of two clumps. Others will be done as soon as I can locate the quart sized pots in one of my 55 gallon bags. Need more soil too. Time for work.

8 comments:

Noelle Johnson said...

What beautiful flowers. I am a huge fan of Salvias.

I look forward to seeing your wildflowers come up in the spring.

Jimmy said...

Love the colchicum!!!!!!!

L. D. said...

A cheery blog for our very rainy, dark day. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous brugmansias. Beautiful photos.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It looks great there. I love the Pansy picture.
I love your haunted cottage header!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

My favorite picture is of the crocus. I love your other pictures also, but those little crocus popping up out of the dirt just do something to me.

It's wonderful seeing what is still growing there in your lovely gardens. I look forward to seeing what you have in next year's garden.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

i found my love for salvias just this year...your's look great along with the other friends! :)

we are having very similar weather except our nights haven't been quite as cold...loving these fall days!

xoxo

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Thanks everybody. It's been a good year.