Friday, May 1, 2009

New blooms

It's 72 and sunny. A small shower passed through some time during the night.

Wintersown Petunias are blooming. New colors.



Wintersown nicotiana is about to bloom. The first bloom opened and faded before I could get a photo.



Wintersown on September 11, 2008, this rudbeckia germinated and spent the winter in the hoophouse. It's the first to bloom even ahead of those that were planted last year while blooming.



This afternoon, the grass needs mowing and the house needs cleaning. More showers/storms in the forecast overnight. Off all weekend and planning to get the rest of my planting out done.

2 comments:

Dirt Princess said...

Yes my grass needs mowing and house cleaned as well, but there is too much to do in the yard! Have to plant and weed this weekend....and I hate to be inside cleaning on a pretty day

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

I hate it too, so I may do it this evening instead. Probably will watch a movie though. I'm more than a little tired.