Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More rain

It rained most of the night. Starting about 7pm yesterday, we got several heavy passing showers. When I left work at 9, it was raining. When I went to bed at 11, it was still raining. When I woke up this morning around 3am, it was STILL raining. It's drizzling at the moment. We should see it taper off by mid-morning with afternoon thunderstorms likely. Good for the corn and beans, sure, but I could really use some sunlight. It's 63 degrees.

7:56pm - more rain. It rained almost all afternoon. It rained almost all morning on and off. It's still raining and we've had winds, hail, and tornado warnings through midnight. I bet tomorrow, it'll be raining again. My feet are waterlogged. Please, just a couple days of sunshine would be nice. I don't understand those people that live in the Pacific Northwest. It'd drive me insaner.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also went through a lot of rain in April and thought it would never stop but it did and now everything growing is a lush green. I hope that works out for you too.

Jeff Vandiver said...

Oh god....here, too! Will it ever stop?

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Pouring rain and wind for 2 days here too. It feels like winter here :(

Dirt Princess said...

Yes but think of the plants that will grow leaps and bounds from the rain...

Kris said...

Dry and sunny here and in the 60s. Excellent Ohio Spring weather... :-P

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Tornado warnings in place with a watch til midnight. Yay. More rain. The basement is flooded, again. The gardens are soaked. Can we get a couple days of sun? Please?