Friday, May 22, 2009

The Coming Harvest

Some pictures from the potager and elsewhere.

Cherry Tomato bed with sunflowers.


Asparagus ferns - Martha Washington, two year old crowns.


Baby Yellow squash from seed collected last year.


Tomatoes

Green Zebra


San Marzano - a roma variety


Rutgers


Burstzyn


BEEFSTEAK! BEEFSTEAK!!!


Unknown. Some tags were lost in the process.


Breadseed poppy (I think)




And finally, the birdfeeder hanging by a thin wire from the China Fir in the backyard. I'll show those squirrels who's the boss. (Tony Danza, actually)


Yesterday, I cleaned the gutters and mowed the yard with gas borrowed from Larry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever grown Green Zebra and San Marzano tomatoes before?

I grew Green Zebra and San Marzano tomatoes this year. I didn't like the Zebras...too tart. In my garden the San Marzano had some problems. First, they had some fungal/bacterial problems on the leaves and stems. Next, when I cut some of them open they had some mold or something growing inside. I was very disappointed. Also, my Roma plants had much larger tomatoes that the San Marzano. I think I will stick with Roma from here on out.

Everything looks great in your garden!

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Never grown either. I'm trying something new. The seeds from these were passed along so I hope they're good tomatoes. I know Rutgers are. And beefsteaks, of course.

Jill-O said...

your veggies are much further along than I thought they'd be. The tomatoes look great!
p.s. Squirrels are way too smart to be taken in by a thin wire ploy.