Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another Cool Morning

It's 46 degrees and partly sunny. Should get into the upper 70s again today. That's good news for me. I'm off from work, finally, and have a list of things to take care of.

1. Repot/transplant clearance rack basil and rosemary. DONE
2. Stick cuttings of pruned roses, plum tree, and others. DONE
3. Remove, plant, or destroy all remaining wintersown containers. Sprouted containers will be judged based on what's in them. DONE
4. Mow the yard. DONE
5. Mulch potager with straw.
6. Fill birdfeeders. DONE
7. Feed brugmansias. Move the one under the dining room window to the perennial bed.DONE
8. Pull weeds. NEVER DONE
9. Finish rain barrel. Thanks to EG for the parts and pieces from Lowe's.
10. Laundry, dishes, sweep, etc.

Should be a nice day. I do have some errands to run. I have some bills to pay and a one hour meeting at the store at 3pm. They just had to schedule a meeting on my day off. Oh well, I still get paid. Hope they don't care what I look/smell like.

11:28am - Most of the list is finished. Will complete the rest some time today. Need to shower and run errands. Carla came by. I loaded her up with four o'clock seedlings from last year's self-sown babies, borage, a few unknowns, some coreopsis, and a couple coleus plants.

7 comments:

Dirt Princess said...

Enjoy your day

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a full list of things to do today, including the meeting. May everything run smoothly.

Enjoy your cool weather to work in ~ FlowerLady

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Thanks. It's almost all done. Gonna spend the afternoon in the hammock. :)

Jill-O said...

Tom, My Mom brought home a large plastic barrel that she wants me to turn into a rain barrel for her. Could you get a photo of yours posted so I can figure out what I need to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Jill, Go to Our Engineered Garden's blog in my blogroll. He posted about a week ago all the parts you need. Everything comes from Lowe's and most show the item numbers. It's as good or better than I can do. :)

http://engineeredgarden.blogspot.com/2009/05/making-rain-barrel.html

That's the link.

Jill-O said...

Thanks, that was just what I needed. And it's easy enough so even I could put it together.

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

I couldn't have done it better myself. EG gave us all the parts. :)