Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fits and spurts

Home for lunch, and I took my camera out into the garden as I do every day. I managed to snap a few pictures before the rain started again. It's been on and off all day. The sun comes out, it rains, the sun comes back out, it rains again. At 75 degrees, this 94% humidity is killing me. The plants seem to love it.

The "orange" hybrid tea rose.


Lemon mint mondara is just starting to bloom. Wintersown, this plant has grown to nearly 4' tall.


Another variety of poppy is starting to crack. I hope it's open by tomorrow morning.


My first real zinnia. Kinda small, isn't it?


And more rain in the forecast through Friday night.


Yesterday I took cuttings from a rose bush in the backyard of a neighbor.






If it reblooms, it's most likely New Dawn. I hope it reblooms this summer. I've never noticed it before, but I don't go gallivanting through this backyard often.

I've also got pineapple sage blooming, Rudbeckia and shastas that are trying, and a huge bud on a direct sown datura.

Back to work.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a beautiful rose! I hope it roots for you.

We just had an early afternoon thunderstorm pass over. I hope it doesn't rain again until I get home. I'm at work and it's been very quiet here, as it always is during the summer.

I have a feeling our drought is over and everything looks great all over. Trees, shrubbery, bloomers, all have filled out and greened up, it looks and feels great.

I can't wait to see that poppy of yours.

FlowerLady

Heather said...

Tom- it looks like your garden really likes all the rain surrounding the ark!