Friday, July 31, 2009

New blooms

The squash and cucumbers I planted several weeks ago in the perennial bed are blooming. I hope to have a late crop of both. I wish I had taken cuttings of my tomatoes like I had planned. I just got lazy.



The first brugmansia has cracked. Shouldn't be long now. I think this one is yellow, maybe white, possibly orange. :)



Yesterday was a miserable day. It was in the mid 80s with upper 80% humidity. It never did rain. 50-60% chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms again tonight. It's 73 and mostly sunny. Humidity is already above 90%.

Sam, my former boss from 5 years ago, called this morning. He needs help with a project. I agreed. There are still some things I can do that they cannot. It shouldn't be more than a few hours of work in Photoshop/Illustrator. It's like I didn't have enough to do already.

Parents came up last night. My dad was looking at a new lawnmower at the store. After seeing the prices, he decided to see if he could get his repaired instead. They brought me a new toy. It's a leaf blower/vac. They couldn't find the bag, but I can rig something up. It'll come in handy this fall when I have all those leaves from the remaining trees in the yard. Time to make my own leaf mulch since the landfill is still not giving it away.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hey Tom, check out one of my earlier blog posts to see what I did to make a nice bag for my leaf blower/vac.

Also search in the Soil/Compost forum for ("kiddo_1" "bedsheet") and you'll get info on what I did to make it...

Anonymous said...

Tom - perhaps your brugmansia is a cream? I've heard brugmansia has a lovely exotic scent; do you know if all of the varieties smell the same or if some a stronger or different? Does the flower have to open or can you tell yet if you like yours? Can hardly wait for more pictures - it's going to be gorgeous!
- Daisy