Sunday, July 5, 2009

Finally, rain, hopefully.

It did rain some this morning. It was just a splash. The driveway is wet but the soil is dry. I'm amazed at how well the wintersown plants have held up in the heat with no measurable rain since June 17. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for today and tonight. A good friend is coming to visit this afternoon. I'll spend most of my time today in the house cleaning.

Since today is Sunday, I thought I would do an update.

From the usual spot...



Along the street



Along the driveway







Along the path



The other Luna has been blooming a while. I hadn't even noticed.



Pink monarda and rudbeckia



Turn of the Century is still going strong



Castor bean seed pods



It's 75 degrees, cloudy, and a little muggy. Having another cup of coffee. Went to Charlotte to see some friends last night. Came home this morning with lots of thoughts in my head. I'll be installing a new kitchen in a couple of weeks if all works out the way I'm planning.

4 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It looks so nice. I love all of the flowers. You should do a side by side picture of how it looked when you first started to how it looks now. It's really filled in.

MissyM said...

Driveway bed is so nice. Love the hibiscus. We had some rain tonight, hope yall get some too.

gld said...

Tom, your cottage and cottage garden are such an example of what some seeds and hard work can do to transform a place! I keep seeing in my mind's eye how bare everything was when you started and look at it now!

Well done...

glenda

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Wow beautiful. You wouldn't know they'd missed any rain, your plants look so lush and full. Do you use anything to keep away the bugs? I am having a downright nightmare with japanese beetles this year.