Sunday, January 30, 2011

Got Rope?

Carla brought over a spool of rope 350' long. It was purple. I tied a brick from the succulent bed around the end. A few twirls and I released it. It didn't land where I had hoped, but it had snagged a branch. I walked the rope up the branch closer to the trunk. A few sharp tugs later, Ta-Da!



It fell perfectly between everything I value. I can live with some damage. I no longer have a tree hanging in the backyard. I'll spend today cutting it up.



I also hope to have some time to clear out some of the grasses. I've already noticed the lirope is showing new growth. Oh, didn't I mention, it's going to be in the mid 60s today. Perfect gardening weather after a long, miserably cold winter. I know, there's still time left, but I've decided winter is almost over. And I've still not sown a single seed.

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Amazing! Do you burn pine in the furnace? I thought that was a "no-no".

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Tom ~ Hurray, success in getting that dead tree down. Glad you didn't have major damages to your sleeping garden. Wow, you didn't sow a single seed yet! I'd say you have had a major case of the doldrums. We all get them on occasion. Maybe with the warmer temps you'll be inspired to plant some seeds.

FlowerLady