Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Frog

At work this morning, a huge frog hopped across the concrete. I scooped it up and brought it home. It's now living safely in the perennial bed. Hopefully, it will find plenty of things to eat. I ran inside to grab the camera, but it was long gone once I got back outside. So I took some pictures of new blooms.

The brug across from the arbor is turning orange.



A zinnia I must collect seeds from.



Another Miss Huff lantana. This one is a lot shorter.



Magnus.



The canna that popped up in the lawn is growing nicely. I moved it to the perennial bed last week.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I always grow mixed zins. 2 years ago I had an extraordinary zinnia and was the only one I collected seeds from. The next year of nearly 40 plants, only one of those turned out to be like the parent plant. All the rest were of mixed color and petal formation. Those bees love zins so there is always rampant cross-pollination. I hope you get at least one of the type you collected from.