Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Daturas - Round Two.

I can smell them sitting here in front of the computer. It rained this evening so the fresh, clean air carries the fragrance easily.

This time, two blooms. Next round, 4 blooms. The buds are already forming.





The double yellow is taking its time.



Maybe tomorrow night. Other daturas near the perennial bed are starting to bud. I'm really glad I love this scent. The whole yard will be full of these next year. I might even fill the gully with plants just to attract the sphinx moths. It will give the bats something to eat.

2 comments:

compost in my shoe said...

this was the first of the brougmansia flowering with the full moon! The fragrance is out of this world

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Yep. I can't wait for my angel trumpets to bloom. The datura are coming on strong all over the yard. The brugs have just started Y-ing in the perennial bed. If the weather cooperates, I should get at least one or two blooms early this summer. I hope to have lots more this fall when it cools down again.