Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It was an accident.

In early March, I got a call from my sister in SC asking me what those yellow blooming shrubs all over town might be. She wants some for her yard. She's a solid zone 8a. I told her Forsythia and proceeded to quote a price for a three gallon shrub from Lowe's.  She was dissuaded. 

Her birthday is Friday. I've rooted nine pots with two cuttings a piece. After work, I'll drive down and deliver the to her. It's what brothers do.

I accidentally grew a few too many Hosta this year from seed. I've planted two seedlings in each of the cells of two recycled 18 pack containers. Next spring, the survivors will find a home on the shady end of the slope in front of my house. Some are large leaf varieties.  Others were collected from various plants at the store last fall. I won't know for a while what I got. Patience strikes again.


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am impressed! Hostas from seed. And, you are a really good brother. You deserve a big pat on the back.

Carol said...

wow Wish you were closer-I could take some the hosta off your hands. Plan on putting in many next spring. Enjoy the blog-Carol