Monday, August 15, 2011

What is it?

I should know what this plant is. I put it in this spot. Now I can't remember for the life of me what it is. Anyone have a clue?

Today I am cleaning house from bottom to middle. No reason to touch the attic. The kittens left fleas on the basement. I've treated the space a few times now. I hope they're gone. It usually takes many weeks to break the life cycle. I need to do laundry. The machines are down there.

It's 68 degrees at 10 am. It feels awesome. Storms overnight sucked out most of the humidity in the air.




6 comments:

Daricia said...

hi tom, could your plant be mulberry? thats the first thing i thought of. the deep lobes on only some of the leaves makes me think so. red mulberry is native, white is asian. both are naturalized here and they hybridize with each other. wildlife enjoy the berries.

F Cameron said...

Does it climb? If so, it may be hyacinth bean vine (lob-lob).

greggo said...

looks like a mulberry to me also. see if it has a yellow root.

Darla said...

Beautyberry?

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

It does have a yellow root. I've got to move it.

Ray Ritter, Editor said...

looks like this to me. i had it in my yard and found another one locally one day. mine has flowers like in the link.

http://www.goodnessgrows.com/id342.html