Saturday, February 5, 2011

Twenty-seven.

I finally sowed seeds. Spinach, carrots, snow peas, broccoli, and brussel sprouts are in their beds. 27 containers were done after work. I didn't sow a lot of varieties, but I did sow a lot of seeds.



I spent the rest of the time just looking.







Work was a monster today trying to catch up from yesterday's absence. We should be back on track by this evening if all goes well. I only lost one day. There's still a few more weeks til all hell breaks loose. It's a cold, wet 52 degrees.

8 comments:

Jimmy said...

only 27?

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Yep. And I'm done. I have no more seeds aside from my veggies. I might sow the tomatoes. But yeah, done.

Patricia said...

Very clever method...thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Very unique twist on wintersowing...I like that. 27 seems like hardly anything, doesn't it? I just realized today that I don't have anything left to sow until March. Ho hum...

Darla said...

Did you broadcast the Poppy seeds I sent you? You have wintersown a lot less than last year. Your views are beautiful...when all hell breaks loose at your job Spring will officially be here!

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Darla, they went out when I got them. I did all my poppy seeds in the fall. I see a few here and there. December was cold and very few germinated. I was hoping that February would be better, but we've got snow in the forecast again.

Betty819 said...

Will you identify the first plant in the photo after the veggies that you planted in pots using liter bottle tops as a cloch.(?) Looks like what we used to call a prayer plant but they are indoor house plants so I must have it mixed up with something else. All those plants popping up from the ground that much tells me that Spring in NC is not too far away.

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Betty, it's common name is Bloody Dock. Rumex sanguineus. It's apparently cold hardy here and I've divided it several times. It looks great in the spring, but summer takes its toll. It needs moist soil. I don't always have that in the summer.