Thursday, April 22, 2010

Around the Corner

One of the goals in the backyard has been to create paths and beds that invite a person to explore. It's getting to the point where you can no longer see the entire backyard at a glance. I like seeing what's around the corner, but only when I'm there.

Standing at the entrance to the backyard.



Looking uphill towards the house.



The opposite view looking downhill.



From the gully into the backyard, the meadow is just ahead.



As things fill in and grow, the small paths and larger expanses of grass should make for a nice stroll. It's like having my own backyard park.

It's 64 degrees and sunny. Cool this morning at 5am when I arrived at work. I'll work on planting more containers this afternoon.

4 comments:

Phillip Oliver said...

It reminds me our garden the way it slopes. At one time you could see all of our garden at one glance but not anymore.

Anonymous said...

I love paths that meander through a property, and yours are so nicely laid out.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love how your place is becoming a wonderful, peaceful reality. Another year or two when things have really grown up and filled out you will be in awe at what you have created.

I love your nice paths and rock bordered beds. It's really amazing what you have done in a relatively short period of time.

Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

I love these views! Flower close-ups are certainly breathtaking but these wider shots let us see how you are arranging your landscape...how one part relates to the other. Fascinating! And in your case, so well done.

Also, I must say I covet your rocks. I've seen the posts when you sweat bullets digging them out of the ground but I do wish now and then that there were some to be found here where I live. I've actually had my brother haul rocks to me here in SC from his place in KY!

The way you have arranged the rocks - not just a line with one rock next to another but in "bunches" - is different from the usual. I LOVE it and think it looks much nicer!

Linda in SC