Friday, September 4, 2009

Seeds.

It's past time to collect some of the seeds in my garden. When I get home this afternoon, I'll pull on some long pants to protect against the skeeters and get busy in the perennial bed. Just a sample of what needs to be harvested:

Castor bean


Yvonne's salvia (S. splendens)


Salvia subrotunda


Brown rudbekcia hirta


Cherry Brandy rudbeckia


The brugs are about to bloom again. Right around the full moon.



The cabbage I planted yesterday got more water from the sprinkler this morning.



It's 70 degrees. Overnight it dipped into the low 50s. Should reach the mid-80s by 3pm. Sunny, nice.

2 comments:

L. D. said...

Yes, I need to get seeds collected as we are shutting down now. A little color left but it is time to get ready for cold windy weather. My mom grew castor beans when I was a kid in the 60's. They got to be so large and then one frost and they were gone. I may start that tradition again next year. Hope you are getting better.

Nell Jean said...

Seed collecting, one of my fav things, but you already knew that.

Click on my name to see what I said about you, you, you. You can decide whether to accept this honor and tell us 7 things about yourself. It's all about Me, Me, Me.