Sunday, April 26, 2009

Successes and Blooms

Things are finally starting to come alive in the perennial bed. Aside from a few wintersown containers, some weeding, and possibly moving a few plants this fall, I'm considering it finished for the year. All I have to do now is wait for everything to mature and bloom. Some of the plants may not bloom until next summer.

"Sunny" Knockout's first bloom. I should have taken this photo yesterday.


Pink and red knockouts


Unidentified flower. I thought they were crocus leaves.


Linaria "Flaming Passion"


Virginia Stock is holding up well to the heat.


Oxalis. Lots and lots of pink and yellow oxalis.


The Rose of Sharon leafed out nearly a month early this year.


Coreopsis "Full Moon" and Shasta Daisies are really taking off this week.


Clover and oxalis in the future rose garden.


Red Homestead Verbena


Sunday's picture




In the cloner, petunias, anise hyssop, hibiscus, persian shield, and other odds and ends.




Yesterday I found a white lantana on the rack at the store. There were two lavender plants in the same container so I pulled them out and repotted them. They'll go into the front beds once they have rerooted. The white will go into the white bed to grow among the daturas and nicotiana.

6 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

You have lots of blooms!! That linaria is really neat. Does it self sow? Your Sunday picture looks really pretty. I like the grass path around the island bed.

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Thanks Catherine. Not sure about the self sowing of the linaria just yet. I wintersowed that this winter. It's the whole 2 liter jug in that one clump. I'm hoping it spreads this year. I really like it too.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You have great blooms and to think you grew a lot of things from seeds is really inspiring. I enjoyed your Sunday picture. Everything is looking great.

FlowerLady

F Cameron said...

Love the Sunny Rose! Our KOs just started blooming over the weekend. Today, there are buds all over them.

You've got quite a nice garden going and so many plants started! I look forward to watching your garden progress via your blog and the cottage forum this summer.

Stay cool today!
Cameron

Jill-O said...

Your mystery flower reminds me of a Star of Bethlehem. The leaves on the flower look like the narrow grape hyacinth leaves.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

I agree with Jill, your unidentified flower looks like Star of Bethlehem to me also.

Your flowers are beautiful! I planted a Knock Out Rose for the 1st time this past weekend. I have read about them for years now.

I love Lantana, here in Iowa it is a pot plant.