Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Two years.

I've been blogging here for only two years. Even I'm amazed to look back over the three and a half years I've lived here. The changes are incredible. I barely remember some days when I moved wheelbarrows of rock across the yard to edge another new bed. But the proof is out there.



Yesterday saw the last sunset of Fall. It's now officially winter. The days will start getting longer, but the coldest months still lie ahead. January can be vicious. February is brutal. By March, we've gotten some snow and 70 degree days are just around the corner. So there's Christmas and New Year's, President's Day, and Valentine's Day. Then there's my birthday. And it's Spring. 89 days. I can do this.

It appears some plants don't understand the concept of 14 degrees. This passionvine is not supposed to be cold hardy. It's still green.



It's 34 degrees.



Until next time, take care. Stay warm. I'm going to take a bit of a break.

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Congrats on your two years of blogging. I have enjoyed your gardening ventures since meeting you over at Cottage Gardens forum, and it's really been a treat to see the progression and all of your lovely blooms.

Have a wonderful Christmas Tom and a great new year.

FlowerLady

compost in my shoe said...

Congrats on two years! It is fun to go back and see what was on your mind at different times of year. Who says people don't keep journals any longer!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Two years blogging is quite something... Merry Chritmas

tina said...

Congrats on two years! Blogs are wonderful for giving a pictorial record of our gardens. I wish you a super good holiday season and enjoy your break.

Cindy said...

I'm not as vocal, but I've enjoyed your blog as well. Miss your posts on the Cottage Garden forum.

Merry Christmas Tom!

gld said...

You have accomplished so much in the two years. I have enjoyed following along on your blog.

Just like keeping a normal journal only better....with pictures.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and congratulations on your two years! I've appreciated your dedication, hard work and sense of humor! You've accomplished so much!
- Daisy in AZ

L. D. said...

My second anniversary isn't until February. I need to consolidate and slow down. I don't want to lose my followers by just ditching the one so I will have to communicate the changes a month in advance. You run a good show here. You are such a hard worker and it shows with the results that you have in your house and garden. Have a good new year.