Thursday, December 30, 2010

In the aftermath.

The blizzard of 0'10 wreaked little havoc in my life. Aside from being one of three employees to show up on Sunday morning at 7am, nothing special happened. There's still some snow on the ground. I've got to spend the afternoon splitting wood. It's 30 degrees and overcast. I was even able to sort of straighten the trellis that collapsed. I'll figure out a permanent fix in the spring.



Across the street, Larry's snow isn't melting quickly. He passed away in October.



In the basement, pansies and violas are being evaluated for termination. I'll probably plant a few in the perennial bed for some early spring color. Maybe some out by the driveway. But that's next week.



I'll be leaving the house in the hands of a sitter. I've got a plumbing issue to attend to today. And firewood that needs to be split. Gardening will have to wait. Maybe next year.

4 comments:

Jimmy said...

Be safe driving up that mountain. Those north facing curves in the road can still be treacherous.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Have a safe trip and a nice break. Your wonderful home and next years' garden planning will be waiting for your return.

Have a great new year ~ FlowerLady

Eliza @ Appalachian Feet said...

At least everything that melts is building up groundwater. I enjoyed your photos -- sorry to hear about your neighbor, though.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip! And may you have a wonderful new year! My mother used to grow pansies - they're a favorite of mine, too! Do you look at their little faces? Some seem happy to be growing, some seem positively grumpy - I just love the different colors now, seems my mother used to grow only purples, whites and yellows because that's all she could find back in the 50's and 60's.
Take care of yourself and Happy New Year!
- Daisy in Arizona