Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wintersowing, dividing, and packaging

It's 37 and cloudy, again. Sunday's picture will be taken Monday. I can't deal with any more cloudy pictures in the weekly lineup.

I spent the morning wintersowing some more seeds. I also divided a clump of echinacea that germinated last spring. It was one of three plants I got from nearly 1000 seeds. I direct sowed them and promptly covered them with mulch. I now realize that was a mistake. I also packaged up 4 sets of plants for trades I have been a part of. I received the willow cuttings yesterday. I'm testing a few of them in the aerochamber in the basement. I put their ends directly in the water. The others I placed in a glass on the kitchen windowsill. I want to see which ones root the quickest. I think I already know the answer to that.

This afternoon, I've got to work on my business website. I need to figure out what to do for dinner. And I need to bake the loaf of sourdough bread that's been in the oven rising since I finished my first cup of coffee this morning.

No comments: