Monday, March 9, 2009

Not All Mondays Are Bad

It's 61 degrees and sunny this morning. The time change yesterday means that I am waking up an hour later than my normal time. As it stands now, I don't set an alarm. I go to bed around 11pm and wake up about 7, 7:30am. Only thing is, my body doesn't realize that the government changed the time on it. It will take a few days to adjust.

Another work day today. I hope to have the site ready to paint by the end of the day today. The buildings are nearly done. I strayed off schedule a little this weekend thanks to the nice weather. Rain is in the forecast for several days this week. That will make working inside a lot more tolerable.

I added a few things to the blog last night. What can I say, I couldn't sleep. First, I took a cue from a fellow 'seed scatterer' for the "About My Garden" blurb. I find myself reading blogs without knowing where they are located. I also added an aerial photograph taken from the county's GIS website. I labeled all the gardens according to the simple names I gave them last month. If you click on the image, you can see a larger image. The photo was taken in 2005, so some of the trees have been removed since then. Finally, I changed the blogroll a bit. I keep finding blogs that I like and the list was getting really long. So only the 10 most recently updated blogs on the list are shown.

It's almost time to head downstairs for "work". I need to finish my coffee first. I might even have a second cup.

10:02am - Took a stroll through the perennial bed this morning to finish my coffee. The squirrels have discovered the crocus bulbs. And the daffodils. It won't be long now before they realize that there is a whole buffet of bulbs out there, some even I haven't seen yet. White Cat disappeared several weeks ago. Something tells me she got lost in the snow. Looks like it's time for me to invite another stray into the yard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I was just thinking of cleaning up my blog-site this morning too. I keep seeing how others have theirs organized, and I want to incorporate their ideas into my site.