Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday

I'm impressed.

Golden Showers climbing rose on the trellis by the driveway. No rain in two weeks, temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s, and sorely neglected all season, it's blooming again on new wood that's grown 3' this summer.



I have one dahlia. The foliage is darker when it's hydrated.



The sedums are winners all around. Easy to propagate, quick to fill in, late blooming, and absolutely drought tolerant, these plants are quickly becoming my favorites. Even the low growing varieties are making some noise this summer. I should spend some time taking cuttings after the rain.



The beauty berry from Marty is white.



Spider Lilies.



I've watered some. Mostly, the plants I've moved or planted in the past couple of months. I even moved five large forsythia in the past two weeks. The rain hasn't come. We've had stretches of days where the sky never produces a cloud. Somehow, things have managed to continue. I'm still taking notes.

It's 72 and cloudy. We should see some rain this evening after 4pm. If the mountains don't suck all the moisture out of the storms, it could continue into the overnight hours. I'd love that. I miss listening to the rain at night.

1 comment:

The Redneck Rosarian said...

Great looking rose. Nice lemon coloring.