Saturday, February 21, 2009

10 day forecast

It's that time of year. I wake up every morning to check the 10-day forecast over at weather.com. Since Thursday, they have slowly been decreasing the daily highs for next week. This also means that the nightly lows drop as well. I'm anxiously awaiting the forecast that doesn't show any temperatures below freezing. Sure, I'm probably a little early for that. But it never hurts to dream.

Last night, we had a low of 21 with a very heavy frost this morning. I wonder how my wintersown seedlings in the garden are doing? It's sunny now with a temperature of 32. Today's high should be in the upper 50s. It's a nice day to be outside, after noon.

7:18pm - Notice how they keep moving the temperatures down?

Photobucket Photobucket

This morning I have more work to do on the new project. Maybe this afternoon I can get outside for a bit and check on the plants and sprouts.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

It won't be long... Spring is right around the corner!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I'd take that forecast :)
I like your to do list, the winter sowing one is funny. How long should it take larkspur to germinate? My hollyhocks have sprouted, buy no larkspur.

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Catherine, the larkspur "Earl Grey" was one of the very first things to germinate. It was sowed on Dec 21 and I had sprouts by the second week of January. The hollyhocks were in the same list as well. My larkspur came from Park Seed. The seeds that I traded for, well, they haven't germinated yet. I have a feeling they're duds. Maybe next week though. :)