Sunday, December 21, 2008

The first tulip leaves

Today I found the first of the tulips breaking through the soil around the tree in the front yard. The Daffodils I planted this November have been showing up here and there for a couple weeks. We've had some weird weather lately with temperatures in the upper 60s and a lot of rain. Tonight the forecast calls for mid-20s and windy. The high today was 55 degrees. Sunny and breezy.

I need to remind myself that there are lots of daffodils in the woods out back. I should probably make a note somewhere to dig them up after they've bloomed. I want to create a naturalized look in the perennial bed. In my head, I see thousands upon thousands of daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths each spring. In reality, there are 20 daffodil bulbs, no tulips, and a handful of hyacinths and crocuses in the ground.

Give me time, it's a work in progress.

2 comments:

Faethe said...

Thank you so much Tom :) If you can get the RSS thing working I can follow this through Google!

Rhonda

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Still working on the setup part. I'll see what I can do tonight. :)