Saturday, September 17, 2011

Boiled Peanuts.

Fall crashed into us on Friday. The high of 59 occurred just after midnight. It's drizzly and damp this morning. The house is clean. The parents have come and gone. Summer is officially over with the passing of the boat.

Like some redneck voyage to Valhalla, my dad came with the van (customized, of course) and took the boat back. I will get it again in the spring when their sights turn towards the massive vegetable garden they plant each year. 12 bags of frozen tomatoes were all she claimed to have put away. I'm on number 16 now. <3

My tiller was returned and will be put to use shortly as I want to move more plants this weekend. I need larger beds to accommodate the migration.

I accidentally took sedum cuttings Thursday. They are in bloom now reminding me why I need more.

I've got cabbage seedlings and clearance Hosta that need homes. Koda hates rain. I'll leave him inside.

It's 55°. I'm gonna have some hot peanuts before I do anything else.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

DH and I love boiled peanuts. You can't eat just one that's for sure. He was introduced to these as a kid when he first moved down here to FL. He introduced me to them after we were married. We really like 'em spicy too.

Am enjoying hearing about what is going on in your part of the world.

May you and Koda have a great weekend whatever you do.

FlowerLady

Betty819 said...

I was trying to figure out what you had in that pot cooking..regular boiled peanuts or spicy boiled? I love regular boiled peanuts but was never successful at cooking them right. Never heard of the spicy variety. This time of the year, a classmate would always bring them to school and sell them in little bags or in the summertime, a kid would walk along the beach and sell them. Yummy! My DH thinks they're disgusting! You can tell he's been raised in the North!